Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Competitions-How to Write a Winning 25 Words Or Less Answer

Not sure how to answer 25 word or less questions? Often the judges are looking for the most creative answer, so here are a few ideas of how to get started:

1. Use humor

Often judges are inundated with depressing answers on why someone should win, for example "My cat died, and the new car will help cheer me up". To set yourself apart from the rest, try using a funny answer. For example,

I need a new car I'm an unemployed actor, It's hard getting to auditions on my rusty old tractor.

2. Poetry

It doesn't matter if you were no good at poetry in high school. Creating a simple poem is easy, especially with the websites available today to help find rhyming words. Here are some examples of how you could use poetry to answer the question, "Tell us in25 words or less why you want to win the holiday "

Kids are driving me crazy, Work is making me bored, The perfect solution to my problems? A fantastic holiday abroad.

Or you could try an acrostic "poem:

H ~ Having fun
Or ~ Overseas break
L ~ Lazing by the pool
The ~ Island Paradise
D ~ Dream's come true
~ Amazing food
Y ~ Yummy cocktails

It is also important to remember who you are writing for. For example, if the prize is tickets to a comedy festival, chances are that a funny answer will have a greater chance of success than other entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment